Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Water Color Spring Nails

 
I have always loved water color. The paintings always look just brilliant in color. The way the paper soaks up the paint in such a way to give it depth. I love that.
I wanted to transfer that same idea on to my nails. The outcome looks more difficult than you think.
Anyone can do this.
The key of course is the matte base. It has the same texture as paper might on the nail. Of course I didn't use water color paint. I just watered down my acrylic paint. It turned out better than expected. I am very pleased. I very much intend to create more nail art with this technique.
Products used:
Acrylic Paint, Very fine Art Brush, A Very Fine tip Pen, White polish, Matte Polish Finish and Seche Vite top coat.
And a small brush to mix the colors.



Here is the design with a matte top coat. 

 
Glossy top coat.
 
Close up of the flowers
 
 

2 comments: