Wednesday, March 27, 2013

e.l.f. Spring 2013 Essential 14-Piece Nail Cube - Limited Edition Swatches

You may remember my swatches of 2012 winter e.l.f. polish cube I previously posted. For those swatches click HERE.
Well, e.l.f. recently released there 2013 spring cube.
I love all of these colors! Some are new,others are not. But still a very good collection.
I was however disappointed in the bottles. Most had dried polish on the rim when opening the bottle. 4 of the polishes I had to trim off some of the brush, Whoever put it together wasn't careful to make sure all the bristles were down.
Also, the brushes were not consistent. Some were thin while others super thick.
The color "Sunflower" had black on the rim when I opened it. I would have ruined the polish if I hadn't noticed it and cleaned it right away.
I kind of felt as if these had been used before. Now,I realize that's not the case. But, these looked like some polishes you would find in a drug store that has been tested over and over.
Now, that been said,I do love all these colors very much. And I happened to purchase this cube when it was on sale for $10. I also received free shipping. I'm not sure complains or reaching out to e.l.f. will do any good. It seems like a design flaw to me.
Anyway,I would still purchase these beauties.
Update! I went ahead and sent them an email in regards to my bottles. My cousin Krystal from beautybykrystal.com suggested doing so. She has very good feed back about e.l.f. customer service.Well, not only did they send me another Spring Cube,they sent me 2!!! So, if you have any problems with your order thru e.l.f., don't hesitate to let them know.


Ingrediants
Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Nitrocellulose, Phthalic Anhydride/Trimellitic Anhydride/Glycols Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Iron Oxides(CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Red No.6 Lake (CI 15850), Red No.27 Lake (CI 45410), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)

Colors Include
Brights includes: Metallic Elegance, Sunflower, Lavendar Mist, Fairy Dust, Dream Maker, Gold Star, Chic Confetti, Mint Cream, Nude, Flirty Fuchsia, Mango Madness, Electric Fuchsia, Smokin' Hot, Skinny Jeans

Lets get on to the swatches shall we? All swatches are 2 coats with the exception of glitter top coat.


                                                                         Mint Cream

Lavender Mist

Skinny Jeans

Nude

Metallic Elegance

Sunflower

Electric Fuchsia

Flirty Fuchsia

Mango Madness

Smoken Hot

Gold Star over Flirty Fuchsia

Chic Confetti over Electric Fuchsia

Dream Maker over Mango Madness

I had swatched the Fairy Cream but some how it was deleted =(
Its basically like Fairy Dust but finer and smaller flakes.




















5 comments:

  1. Oh My Word. Such pretty colors. Can't wait to see them in your designs! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I don't think there's a single dud in the whole cube! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and pics. Loved the truth about the quality on some of the bottles. Good job!

    ReplyDelete