Monday, July 2, 2012

4th of July 2012 nail #2

The second July 4th mani is a basic plaid design. But the colors I used are all shimmers.So, it pops so much! It kind of reminds me of a table cloth you would see at a 4th of July bbq. Super cute. And I don't even mind that the lines are a little off. It looks organic.



After applying your favorite base coat, add 2 coats of a shimmer white. Here I used China Glaze in Frosty 25175


For the first sets of stripes I had a beautiful shimmer red from Gina Glaze in Ruby Pumps 70695.
If you have a striper art polish similar to this, that would work great. I had this polish I needed to use up.
And I used my fine art brush.


Next I used Orly in Sweet Peacock 40751, for the blue stripes.

Then I went back in the Frosty white and striped over the red and blue. Doing this is important to make the look plaid. It gives the illusion of the white coming thru the blue and red.

And finally to add some depth I took my shimmer silver from Magical Nail 126 and placed random dots where some of the stripes meet.


Add your favorite fast drying top coat.


Hope you like these! See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment